What is ISO 14001:2015?
“ISO 14001:2015 is an international specification for an environmental management system. It specifies requirements for establishing “An environmental policy”, determining environmental aspects and impacts of products, activities, & services, planning environmental objectives and measurable targets, implementation and operation of programs to meet objectives and targets, checking and corrective action, and management review. Like all ISO management system standards, ISO 14001 includes the need for continual improvement of an organization’s systems and approach to environmental concerns. Many OEM Global manufacturing companies are requiring their supply base be compliant to ISO 14001 standards and are taken through a rigorous multi-day certification performed by third-party organization.
The purpose is to:
- Create a comprehensive outcome of “How” a product is produced, rather than to the product itself.
- Establish an organized approach to systematically reduce the impact of the environmental aspects.
- Create effective tools for the analysis of environmental aspects of an organization
- Generate options for improvement of Cleaner Production.
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees.
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs.